This Defensive Driver Education Program is aligned with the Qualification TLIC1051 (Operate Commercial Vehicle) and is very popular with professional businesses that are adhering to their duty of care for their staff. Many safety conscious businesses seek to enhance the well-being of their staff whom are often conducting duties/services that require them to spend many hours on roads, highways, urban and gravel roads and so on. Many of this demographic are operating out of their company vehicles on job sites, carting equipment/freight etc therefore enduring night/day driving, fatigue, stress and driving multiple vehicles in all conditions.
Course consists of: Both interactive classroom and on ROAD/TRACK driver training, highlighting globally recognized "Worlds Best Practices" techniques and understanding current vehicle dynamics and controls, General to technical maintenance included (Subject to organisational requirements) Suitable for Passenger cars, People Movers, 4 Wheel Drives, All Wheel Drives and Light Commercial Vehicles.
Motorsafe Tasmania Educators demonstrate the risks a driver faces when driving beyond a vehicles capabilities all within a safe and enjoyable environment. Training contains the latest research from around the world including Monash University and is based to meet/exceed Australian Qualifications Training Framework (AQTF) requirements.
Drivers skill perception
Travel and Jouney Planning
Seating position and driver balance
Correct steering technique
Employees obligations whilst in charge of a motor vehicle
Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
Correct following distance and how to achieve it
Perception reaction time (PRT)
Vehicle position and visibility
Advanced mirror usage
Pre-Start inspections and fault reporting
Driving in adverse weather conditions
Vehicle cabin safety
Importance of correct tyre inflation and benefits associated
Anti-lock brakes (ABS) and Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
Vehicle and trailer safe loading techniques.
Practical exercise objectives:
- On road driver evaluation – Use of the controls including gears (auto & manual), brakes and steering.
- Selected manoeuvres conducted at higher speeds while in a safe environment.
- Decision-making process and consequences involved.
- Slalom and cornering manoeuvres concentrating on vision placement skills, smoothness, balance and vehicle dynamics.
- Collision avoidance exercises.
- Wet road driving / Skid Control (Subject to training environment and water restrictions).
- Revision of vehicle systems, hazard detection, and Proactive driving strategies
- Reduced death and injury and all their related personal, social and economic costs
- Greater productivity through increases in vehicle use for fleet operators
- Greater ability to manage the fleet safely by using fleet safety and incident information.
- Improve staff morale by providing enjoyable "Team Building" environment and memorable learning experience.