Welcome to Motorsafe Tasmania
Defensive Driver Training Programs
Motorsafe Tasmania is Tasmania’s foremost provider of Defensive Driver Training Programs for Government Departments, Corporate groups, small businesses and individuals who are seeking to reinforce the safety of their employees. Driving a company or private vehicle is a huge responsibility and whenever you get behind the wheel, you’re not only in control of your own safety, but the safety of all others around you. Motorsafe Tasmania believes that getting to your destination safely should be the objective of all road users. Our training programs are designed to reduce the chances of a driver causing an accident or endangering the safety of other road users as well as developing confidence with their vehicle’s safety features and gaining vehicle control skills from the practical driving activities.
We offer statewide training for:
- Defensive Driver Training – Smart Drive-Pro.
- Drive and Recover a Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Vehicle.
- Incident Free Trailer – Loading, Towing and Reversing.
New Team – New Training Programs
In late 2016 Motorsafe Tasmania (MST) underwent major changes, starting with a brand new management team. MST’s new team had a focus to optimize the participants learning experience. To achieve this required designing new training programs, drawing on the very best of specialist trainers, consultants and resources. MST provides up to date, accurate and relevant advanced driver training programs for the safety conscious workplace.
We have actively been involved with some of Tasmania’s largest employers by designing and delivering workplacce seminars and industry specific training for Zero Harm. MST fully supports Zero Harm and the commitment that employers have to looking after their employees, contractors, the community and environment. Achieving Zero Harm requires accountability by all employees. For more information on how Motorsafe Tasmania can tailor a workplace seminar for your employees please contact us via our Contact Us page.
The major emphasis is making sure that all
staff return home safely to their families
at the end of each working day.
Motorsafe Tasmania has affiliations with:-
- TasTafe (RTO 60142) – We can provide the National Qualification for Defensive Driving TLIC1051 Operate Commercial Vehicle
- ARB Hobart. An ARB 4WD specialist assists with deliveries for our Drive and Recover a 4WD Vehicle training.
- Motorsports Tasmania. Allows us to provide specialty training at either Baskerville or Symmons Plains training facilities. Baskerville is ideal for Hobart and surrounding Southern Tasmanian areas. Symmons Plains is suitable for Launceston, Devonport, Burnie and other northern regions.
Our full day courses consist of interactive class based training and practical driving exercises. We do not offer any online training as we find it does not cater successfully for all learning styles and does not enhance the practical driving skills.